UCC College BonspielFriday-Sunday, February 7-9, 2020
Chairs: M.J. Walsh, Roger Rowlett
A bonspiel for college students who meet USCA College Curling eligibility rules (see 4th page). Open format (teams may be composed of any mix of men and women). All teams must start the bonspiel with 4 players. Host schools (Colgate, Hamilton, SUNY Poly, Syracuse) will be available to fill out partial teams.
- Three game guarantee (at least 12 teams guaranteed 4 games); 8 end games; 6 events.
- Limit 24 teams. Each school guaranteed 1 team, more if space permits. Unless indicated otherwise by the school, multiple teams from the same school will be entered according to date/time entry is received (online, below).
- Entry fee: $40 per person. Make checks out to Utica Curling Club. If you need an official UCC invoice to remit payment of entry fees, contact M.J. Walsh at least 3 weeks in advance. If you need a MJW generated invoice, contact me 1 week in advance. Entry fees must be fully paid before your first game. Your college may take 2 weeks or more to issue a check, so plan accordingly!
- Lunch, and dinner provided on Saturday; lunch on Sunday after the finals. Breakfast at hotel. Dinner available for purchase on Friday night before the first game (9:30pm)
- Online REGISTRATION form Deadline: Jan 10, 2020, 10:00am
- Meet the team form (for online streaming)
- Release form Fill out and bring with you. NO participant may enter the ice shed without submitting proper participant release form.
- USCA Roster submission form. Must be filled out before the bonspiel begins
- USCA requires that all participants be enrolled as full-time students this semester/quarter (bring your college ID), be USCA members, and be registered with USA Curling College Tour. Registration deadline: January 24, 2020.
Drawboard and streaming2020 Live drawboard and team rosters
Watch live and archived games on the UCC Channel on YouTube.
ScheduleFirst draw at 9:30pm on Friday or 8:30am on Saturday, depending on the number of teams. ALL teams must be prepared to play on Friday night. Sign-in begins at 8:00 pm on Friday. Live streaming of selected games. Watch on the Utica Curling Club YouTube Channel
Friday, Feb 8
- 9:30 PM Pool A
- 8:30 AM Pool B
- 11:00 AM Pool A
- 1:00 PM Lunch and scrape
- 2:30 PM Pool B
- 5:00 PM Pool A
- 7:30 PM Pool B
- Dinner 6:00-8:00 PM
- 8:30 AM Semifinals (3 flights)
- 11:30 AM Finals (3 flights)
- 1:45 PM Awards
Bonspiel HotelMake your reservation before Jan 24th
Hampton Inn and Suites (5 min from club)
201 Woods Park Drive
Clinton, NY 13323
$109, includes breakfast, queen double or king studio
Registration: Reserve online or call: 315-793-1600 and mention College Tournament
GuestsGuests are welcome to attend the college spiel and cheer on the teams. If you want to eat meals at the club, please fill in the form below. Reservations/cancellations required by January 24, 2020, noon. Curlers have priority at the buffet tables, as they are on a tight schedule. Payment may be made in cash or check made out to the Utica Curling Club. Menus subject to change.
Guest food form